Worldwide Shipping and Delivery
Buying and selling helicopters is a much more involved process than your typical business or commercial aircraft. Premier arranges delivery of your helicopter to anywhere in the world. We routinely relocate helicopters around the world, using experienced technicians/engineers and pilots to safely deliver to our customers’ locations. Our helicopters are disassembled and packed for ensuring safe transit whether by air, ocean, or land. Once a helicopter reaches the country of destination, it is reassembled and flown to our customer’s location, arriving in the exact same condition. With the most careful orchestration and logistics coordination by our experts, you will find years of supportive experience with Premier around the globe. Our specialists will arrange all logistics and transportation needs of your helicopters. A typical international sale involves a transportation solution combining of the following capabilities:
By Ocean Freight
- Careful anlysis of routing, configuration, dismantling, and possible containerization.
- Shipping schedules, rates, and routing options are always offered.
- On-site supervision of loading / unloading operations.
- Close monitoring throughout the shipping process.
- Below deck stowage for out-of gauge helicopters.
- Full ship/air charters and U.S. inter-coastal barges, when necessary.
By Air Freight
- Premier prepares air cargo manifests and ferry flight procedures and supervises all cargo plane loading at origin and unloading at foreign destination.
- We carefuly plan all operations with shippers, airport operations, U.S. domestic and foreign governmental agencies, ground support teams, surveyors, etc.
- Every conceivable model of helicopter can be shipped by scheduled Boeing 747 freighter or exclusively chartered aircraft including Short SC-5, Lockheed C-130, or AN-124 Antonov.
By Ferry Flight
- We specialize in receiving helicopters that are flown to air and seaports by ferry flight.
- We work closely with helicopter pilots, FAA/ATC, port authority police and port agencies, mechanics and packers when meeting a fly-in.
- Timing is critical, especially under the most adverse weather conditions.
- We arrange ferry flights that are considered export “flyaways”.
- Helicopters and crews leaving the United States under their own power are closely coordinated with U.S. Customs and U.S. Immigration & Naturalization.
By Overland Transport
- Premier has the capacity to arrange approved D.O.T. transportation of oversized helicopters, interstate or intrastate, complete with escorts.
- We also have the capabilities of arranging State trooper and/or chase vehicles and conduction road surveys for appropriate routings.
Premier arranges for comprehensive transportation insurance at reasonable insurance rates. We typically spend considerable time on damage prevention through proper planning, careful carrier selection and constant monitoring.